The Roselle Park Puzzlers will be walking at the Autism Speaks' fundraising walk on Sunday, October 7, 2007/ The walk will be held at Nomahegan Park in Cranford, New Jersey at 2 p.m. Participating in this walk is a great way to promote autism awareness in the community and raise funds for this important cause.
There are many staggering statistics about autism. Here are just a few of them:
- 1 in 150 children is diagnosed with autism
- 1 in 94 boys is on the autism spectrum
- A new case is diagnosed almost every 20 minutes
- More children will be diagnosed with autism this year than with AIDS,diabetes & cancer combined
- Autism costs the nation over $90 billion per year, a figure expected to double in the next decade
- There is no medical detection or cure for autixm
Autism Speaks is dedicated to increasing awareness of autism spectrum disorders, to funding research into the causes, prevention, treatments and cure for autism, and to advocating for the needs of affected families. For more information on our team and the Autism Walk, please check out our website:
If you are interested in joining our team, helping in our fundraising efforts or would like more information, please email or call Allison Ellis or Sue Dinardo.
Allison Ellis Sue Dinardo